My new companion is elder Acevedo!! He's from chile and he is a great
great guy. I didn't know him before but now we will have the opportunity
to work together with our zone and in our sector!! (MY FIRST CHILEAN
COMPANION!!!) and not to mention half our zone left and we are getting so
many new people so I'm kind of nervous about that. I really feel like way
solo but its just going to come with time!!!! God will help, he always
does!!!
Okay well a lot of things happened this week and I am
really just going to share with you guys the 2 miracles that we had this
weekend!!!
Well first I had 3 questions(Big
Ones) that I really needed help with and I really feel like this
conference was made for me. Sorry if that sounds selfish but every
single talk in one way or another answered my questions. I can really
testify that God listens and answers. But it requires some things from
us. We need first to pray obviously and have faith that he will answer our
questions. It then requires that we go and act! We know that faith is
dead without actions so you have to act and then just obey the
commandments and God WILL ALWAYS ANSWER. Trust in him, he is waiting to
hear you.
Okay, the Conference was incredible I hope everybody saw it and now are applying it to you life!!
But because of 2 THINGS:
First: Familia Caballero
We had a great lesson with then a little bit earlier this last week on
prophets and the conference and they have never attended and we have
been praying and praying so that they could go. We had a very powerful
lesson and they committed to go!!!
We said we would go by them and go with them to the stake Center
and they said okay!!!! So we prayed harder than we ever have in our whole
lives for them!!! And we walked to their house in the morning just
hoping they would be ready to go. We got there are they were getting
ready!!! They really went!!! It was incredible!!! And they went to the
first session of conference and it just talked about family and how its
essential. It was unbelievable!!! I was so happy we have pictures!!
And then the priesthood session was my favorite by far with the talks by the first presidency!!
Second: Familia Garrido
This
is the other golden family that we have and we had the same thing with
them, a powerful lesson and they said that they would go!!! And then the
wife who is the tough cookie did a prayer on her knees asking if this
was the right path for them!! I almost starting crying. Then comes Sunday
and we are there in the first session about 15 minutes when finally
they came!!!!!!! They are incredible. At the end of the session
president Monson spoke and bore his testimony, both hermano and the
hermana were crying at the end of the session!!! And it was legit!!! We
are going tonight to put the baptismal dates so pray for that!!!
Family and friends I love this work, I know it is
true. I know that we are in a tough world with many trials and
tribulations but God is here. He restored His church so that we can have
all the blessings of the priesthood. I know That he loves us. Apply
what the prophets have said to your lives. There are talks especially
for us that help us dramatically in our lives. Please read them all if
you couldn't go!! I know this church and gospel is true. Hold on to it
and use it to strengthen you.
A challenge I have for you guys is to pray alone out loud, it
dramatically changes prayer and your relationship with our heavenly father. I
promise you you will see the difference!!
I love you all so much!!



No comments:
Post a Comment