Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ether 12:27

Hey family!!!! I hope everything is going absolutely amazing with you guys!!! This week was way way good!!! As missionaries here yes from all the family members and friends we are getting updates of march madness. hahaha its the best part of the year apart from christmas. I heard that byu got wrecked. and north carolina almost got it but lost......dang.
I heard that Sarah got back, that it way way weird!! She like began writing me like 10 months ago and now she is back in the states!! LEGIT!!

Mom tell the people that i am doing good, not to worry too much about me. I mean they can write me if they would really really want to but wow.......I'm just so busy with my 5 a week email.........(YES sarcasm) ahaha

But let me tell you a little bit why this week was awesome:

First ELVIRA!!!
This week she will be getting baptized on saturday!!! After a 7-8 month period she finally got her answer!!! This past week we talked about her testimony of the restoration and it was way strong and she is very ready to be baptized!!! So pray that everything is going to go out well!!!

Familia Cabellero
They are coming along. So here is the break down. The mom marlyn is married to guillermo with their 18 year old son memo, and they also have 3 just amazing daughters 12, 9, and 6 just really cute girls!!hilarious|!!! We taught the plan of salvation this past week and it went way good. They are starting to get it. Memo was really interested in baptism because he hasn't been baptized. The only thing is we would put a fecha for the whole family to get baptized but they just have a problem to go to church. They are coming along little by little. They still haven't gotten past that first time. So i need a lot of prayers with them.

Familia Garrido
These are the old investiagors that we found and are absolutely incredible. Elder WIlliams passed by before and they are the GOLDEN FAMILY. And it didn't work out before, but its awesome now because they are way excited to start again because they noticed a difference and they are really excited to start doing things, they want us to invite other menos activos and other investigators to their house. Its really impossible to describe them to you but they are unbelievable. They have desires to progress and do the right thing.

We found a lot of new investigadores this week so we are way excited to start working with them. The work is taking off here in Quimey because many things are happening. First the companionship between me and elder Williams is incredible and invites the spirit. 2nd the spirit. We are trusting more in the spirit and letting the Lord do what he wants we just being instruments. 3rd the ward. They had so much animo to work. They still are kind of afraid to share the gospel with their friends and family but they are coming along. But they are always willing to go out with us. Weekly we have like 5 brothers that will go out with us. And like for example I will go with a brother and Williams will go with another so that we can teach more people and get the members involved. The work is incredible here and is growing!!!

We are teaching a lot and everybody else is doing good but I will let you know what else is going on next week!!!

This past week 2 of my really good friends left to go home. Remember them? Elder Pena from Mexico and Elder Edwards from Arizona. It was really weird to see them leave. It goes by too fast and I really gotta take advantage of the time.

I also gave my first baptismal interview this week!! With an 18 year old kid that in one year says he's serving a mission!! It's way awesome to do the interviews!! I love it, this kid was way way prepared and had a strong testimony.

Today we had a french toast breakfast that elder Williams and I cooked for the zone for the p-day activity, it was pretty awesome.

We are just having a blast together and things are really just happening and its because God would have it that way. This really is one of the best times of my life! I just love it!

Oh and we are going to enter the house early this week on Friday and we cant leave until Sunday because of a dangerous date in chile, but we can go to the baptism.  A member is going to take us.
Now to explain the title.

Yesterday we were in a lesson and we were teaching about being better and reaching our goal that God has for us.
And I had the desire to share ether 12:27. (READ IT)
And I have always liked this scripture and understood it, but i guess as you go along it gets clearer and clearer until it just clicks!!
I was thinking that's really what happens.

All of us have strengths and weaknesses and it's the natural instinct to hide our weaknesses and make our strengths known. There isn't growth or progression in that. 
For example: Dad do you remember when i was younger and i was still learning basketball i could not dribble very well with my left hand. I would always try to hide it but my game could never get better and it just ended up hurting my progression. But what happened i humbled myself and came and talked to you and practiced with you looked for ways to get it better. And after that happened i was able to progress so much faster and my level of game increased a lot lot more.
The same thing with us and our weaknesses in life. It we want to get better the last thing we should do is to hide our weaknesses. Show them to God and literally give them to God. Let him make them into strengths. That only works if we humble ourselves and let him make the man/woman he wants, take his advice and what he wants and then act. When we can master to that, we then can begin to progress more than we can possibly imagine. And really reach the goal that our heavenly father has. Moses 1:39.

I love you guys so much and i will talk to you next week!!

Love Elder Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment