And my companion is the best. Elder Williams and I get along great!!! He
is so funny and he plays basketball and he went to BYU and we just get
along so well we are laughing all the time and its just like the first
time in my mission this has happened and I can tell you it changes
EVERYTHING. I'm so much more excited to work and everything. This sector
is the only sector with a little bit of campo and we walk A LOT haha I
have gotten to the house like dead every night! And I love it. Elder
Williams is just a great spiritual guy. ITS going great here.
The zone is awesome. We have a motto for the zone to
be happy and we know we can do that through WORK and LOVE!!! and this
zone is incredible. I love the missionaries here and they work so hard
and it shows with their numbers. I know God is blessing them so much.
Something that was way weird for me was the ward.
BUT IN A VERY GOOD WAY. I got there and instead of the usual 45-65 sized
ward there was 118 people there at church......I was blown away. I
could not believe it. I was just so used to the ward struggling and
having a lot of problems and I got here to
Quimey and I have just been blown away with the ward and what they are
doing. We had the fast Sunday
this past week and the members bore their testimonies about how loving
everyone is in our ward. So I love this place. I had friends that were
here before me and said this place is Zion, and really I believe it.
Don't get me wrong, I love my old wards. But I am super happy to be
here. And you will see a picture of a note from an hermana who gave us
bread and cake just to be nice.
And this week has been awesome!!! Elder Williams
just had 2 baptisms before I got there and it was a 13 year old and a 21
year old and they are incredible. And they just got the priesthood
yesterday!! So we are way happy for them. I'm still getting to know the
sector so I'll let you know a little bit more about the people.
But this past Saturday
we had a big conference with the 4 Santiago missions. With a 70, Elder
Evans. He talked for 4 hours......it was unbelievable the amount of
things he talked about. I loved it haha. He talked about a lot of things
but one thing that I really really liked was the things he said about
the holy ghost and repentance.
He said that in the gospel sometimes we try to jump repentance.
Especially when we are teaching investigators and sweet! they have faith
and they have desires to get baptized. And then they do with out
taking the proper time to go through sincere repentance. And you can't
just skip a step in the gospel. So after when they receive the gift of
the holy ghost that's when they really have a problem. When they say the
words "receive the holy ghost" it's not a obligation for the holy ghost
to dwell with us. Because we know that he cant dwell in unclean places.
So what happens is if they don't have sincere repentance they can't
possibly be entitled to the blessings and the remission of sins, and the
company of the holy ghost. So that it why a lot of people here in chile
go inactive because they don't have the help of the holy ghost to guide
them and protect them
BUT when they truly repent they are entitled to all the blessings
and are accompanied by the spirit. And they can live the gospel with the
help of God. But this requires constant repentance and striving always
to have the holy ghost. And ultimately enduring to the end. I thought
that was a cool way to look at it and I hope that made sense.....in English.....hahaha
Family and friends!! Thank you so much for
everything that you guys are doing for me!! I know that your prayers
help so much. Know that Our savior Jesus Christ is always here for us
and will help us. IF we submit and do it his way and I know his way is
better. Because it has the love, happiness and strength that we all
need in our lives.
I love you guys so much and I will talk to ya'll next week!!!
Love Elder Cheney


No comments:
Post a Comment