Friday, March 6, 2015

March 2015, Last email!

TO be completely honest this does not feel like my last letter nor does it feel like my last days in Chile.....its like everyone telling me that the sky is red over and over when i know its blue! Haha and to be honest i feel like im just going to start a new change.
Well family and friends this is it i guess. First i just want to thank everybody who has helped me througout  my mission really the mission isn't easy sometimes and actually very hard and the most comforting thing is a nice letter or words of advice. Really it helped me out a lot.
But its hard to really describe with words what has happened these last two years.....actually its impossible haha. When i think about these two years they have been so special and so beautiful and worth it that just thinking about it makes me cry haha. I think the biggest feeling that comes to my mind is gratefulness. For all the people that i have met and for all the experiences that i have had which have led me to a personal conversion to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Im so grateful that i was allowed to have a little part in this great work to help others come to this knowledge, it has been such a blessing to experience that joy and happieness that we had together.
I just want to leave you guys with my testimony, things that i believed to be true before and now i know to be true.

I testify that God called Joseph Smith to be the prophet that restored his church and with that the knowledge and power that families can be forever through the gospel of Jesus Christ. That he has given us sacred gifts, prayer and the book of Mormon to know these things are to be true. I know that as we read and pray we become closer to God and we become way happier. I know that God answers questions and loves each one of us, no matter who we are or what we have done, that love is always there. I know that the Gospel is the more excellent way and the happier way like it says in the scriptures. And I know and testify that the Atonement of Christ is real. It is real. It covers EVERYTHING, sins, temptations, pain, sorrow, sadness, depression, difficult times, sickness, everything. An endless gift of love for all of us if we are will to accept him, in return to heal us, comfort us, help us, and to change us.  Jesus Christ lives, he is the Savior and Redeemer of all of us and these things i know to be true in the name of Jesus Christ
Amen

I love you all and i will see you Tuesday!!!!
Elder Cheney


(David will be arriving home in Charlotte on Tuesday, March 10, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment