Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome Week in Chile

Hey all, dearelder.com now has the new Santiago South Mission available, so you can send him a dearelder.com via pouch mail for free.  Thanks for your support!

Brenda

Hola todos como estamos!?

This week was a really good one, we had a lot of success and awesome things happened.

First of all the investigator that we had of gold, Alejandra, I forgot the best part and that was we found her with a cake. We bought a cake for a Peruvian family that moved in. and we went to go welcome them but they went home and we had a long day filled with rain, so we wanted to eat cake so we went around to different businesses until we found her and asked if she wanted to share with us. She said yes and she is now currently reading the book of Mormon and changing her life.

Then more into the week we had a special meeting as a mission to have a talk from elder Vinas the area seventy, and he had  a lot of great things to say it was so awesome to her him. He said a couple things that i really liked. The first one was about the atonement. He said that the problem with people falling away from the church is becuase they werent truly converted.

And you know you are converted when you can feel the atonement and not only know it. That's when you are truly converted. 
Then the other thing that I really like that he said, is that in the missions we basically need to suffer with joy. HAHA yeah that is completely true.

Lets see, we are teaching a lot of less actives but the investigators that we do have lets see.

We are teaching a woman named Lorena, she's awesome and basically like a second mom. She has had missionaries for ever but we finally have a date for the 7th of September.

Then we are teaching a teenager named Byrun and he loves basketball. So this week we taught the plan of salvation using basketball. It was so awesome by far my favorite lesson! He has a date for the 25 of August but he doesn't know because he didn't want to set a date because every time it happens it falls through, so he wants us to surprise him with his date.

Then we have 2 new. We found Yolanda and Juan.  They are an old couple that really are my 3rd set of grandpàrents. They are so awesome its hard to teach because they can't read so we are trying to figure out that situation.

But I was at their house this week and i was washing dishes and then I need to go to the bathroom and this dog was going crazy trying to get me but he was all tied up so I thought I was good. But then I heard a crack and he broke the collar and then I was cornered in the bathroom with a dog. It was so scary but I got away unscathed!! 

Then this week we had the most people attend church then I have ever seen in all of my mission. We had 92!!!

Truly a great blessing!

Then another thing is that we are pushing for a lot of service for our ward and family nights with them.

We were in one yesterday and we were talking about how life is so hard but with the gospel its easier. this one woman said,

pero yo soy mormona yo puedo hacerlo

I'm Mormon, I can do it.

That was so awesome the people here that are strong in the church are super super strong.

Gracias for all your prayers it really really helps.  Pray for the people to be more receptive and a little nicer!! Haha.

Love you all 

Elder Cheney
 



Service













Teaching the Plan of Salvation with basketball!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment